16-Hour Course Overview
This is a 16-hour I-ACT Foundation Level Certification Course designed for colon therapists who have been practicing for at least one year and who have already given at least 100 colon hydrotherapy treatments. This is a great option to receive certification quickly for experienced colon therapists. This training is held near Vancouver, Canada.
Topics Covered Include:
- Anatomy & Physiology of the Digestive System
- Indications and Contraindications for Colon Hydrotherapy
- Sanitation and Infection Control
- Overview of the International Association of Colon Therapists’ bylaws and standard operating procedure
- Colon Hydrotherapy Equipment Maintenance
- Practicum – Three Hands-on Treatments
- Practical exam (you will be observed by an instructor while you conduct the intake interview, explain the procedure to the client and obtain consent to deliver the treatment, deliver post-colonic care to the client, clean the colon hydrotherapy equipment, and ensure cleanliness of the facility)
- 15 Minute Presentation (you will deliver a presentation to the class and instructor demonstrating your understanding and knowledge of the digestive system)
- Written examination (multiple-choice)
When would you like to start?
This course is done on an individual basis. The 16-hour course is always scheduled during regular business hours. Contact us to request specific dates.
You will need to fulfill the below criteria in order to be accepted to the course. You will be asked to upload proof of fulfillment of prerequisites when you fill in the enrollment application form.
- Pre-approval granted by I-ACT to attend a 16-hour certification course
- Proof of having practiced as a colon therapist for a minimum of one year
- Proof of having given a minimum of 100 colon hydrotherapy treatments
- Current Standard First-Aid with CPR certification
- High School Diploma or equivalent (may be documented by diploma, GED or equivalency exam such as Wunderlich Ability or Benefit Test or college trascript/degree)
- College Level Anatomy & Physiology Course (one semester, may be completed at an accredited college or university or online via this course: http://www.medixonline.ca/anatomy-physiology/?)
- Your Resume (professional and educational background)
- A short paragraph outlining your reasons for pursuing colon therapist training
- Proof of minimum of one colon hydrotherapy treatment received (or an explanation as to why you are unable to receive colon hydrotherapy treatments)
- Telephone interview with course coordinator
- On your first day of classes: A passing grade (70% or higher) on an Anatomy & Physiology Pre-Test (multiple-choice)
On successful completion of the program and payment of all applicable fees, you will be awarded:
I-ACT Foundation Level Certification
International Colon Therapist Training Institute Certificate of Completion of 16-Hour Training
Course fee for the 16-hour training course, including I-ACT and ICTTI Manual and the textbook “Fundamentals of Anatomy & Physiology” by Donald C. Rizzo.
$2,400 CDN + GST
I-ACT Fees (payable directly to I-ACT):
- Exam fee: $75 US
- Yearly membership fee: $150 US for American members; $125 for Canadian and international members
“This is an excellent course. It provided me with very powerful tools I can use to detoxify and improve the quality of health in my patients.”
Dr. Z. Hanapi, MD